Skip Navigation LinksSCRIP

students at school

 Tuition Rebate Program

​The Tuition Rebate Program is designed to help families of Christ the Divine Teacher School defray the cost of tuition. The term SCRIP will become a familiar word to you. When you purchase SCRIP, you're purchasing gift certificates and prepaid cards that are used just like cash. Families buy the gift cards/certificates from the school at full face value and redeem them for full face value. Because the school is buying them in bulk, each retailer offers a discount. The discount can range from 2 percent to 25 percent. The discount is our organization's revenue. Of this revenue, 80 percent is credited to the family's tuition account. The remaining 20 percent is used for the operating expenses of the SCRIP program.

SCRIP Example

​Retailer​Face Value​Retailer Discount​Revenue​Family Tuition Account​Operating Expense Account
​Giant Eagle​$1005%​​$5$4​$1
​Old Navy​$100​9%​$9​$7.20​$1.80


The average family will spend $100 a week on groceries ($100 x 52 = $5,200). The annual total applied to the discount of five percent equals $260 ($5,200 x 5 percent). The 80 percent retained by the family for tuition equals $208 ($260 x 80 percent). With groceries alone, your family can reduce your tuition payment by $208. There are gift cards for clothing, toys, books, restaurants and many other items and services.

Anyone may participate in this program. The discounts that are earned may be applied to their own account, another family attending Christ the Divine Teacher School or to the Christ the Divine Teacher School Grant and Aid Fund.

The order form is available here and on the School Forms' page of the website, as well as a complete list of participating retailers. You can also go to for more information. Orders will be dropped off and picked up at the school. Anyone wishing to participate must review the guidelines and complete an enrollment form.

All monies earned will be applied to the following school year's tuition.

To enroll in this program, please contact Mrs. Winklosky via email or in the office on Monday or Wendesday. 

 Tuition Credit Program Guidelines

  1. ​Each family will have a family ID number. The family number will be the home telephone number of the family wishing to receive the credit. This number must appear on all orders you submit to ensure your purchases are accurately received.
  2. All orders must be accompanied by a check or money order made payable to "CDT/SCRIP." Please do not send cash. If your check is returned for any reason, you will be charged a $20 fee payable to CDT. After two returned checks are tendered on your account, your SCRIP ordering privileges will be limited to money order only. No third checks.
  3. SCRIP certificate payments are not tax deductible because you receive dollar for dollar value.
  4. SCRIP certificates are purchased on your behalf, and are non-returnable.
  5. SCRIP certificates are the same as cash, and should be handled accordingly. CDT will not be responsible for certificates that are lost, stolen or destroyed while in your possession.
  6. Friends of CDT school may participate in this program by purchasing certificates. Friends must abide by the same guidelines as family members of CDT. Their proceeds may be credited to the tuition of a particular family or Christ the Divine Teacher School Grant and Aid Fund.
  7. Parents looking to the future and planning for their child(ren) to be enrolled at CDT may also participate. These families will be assigned a family number and the monies earned will be held by CDT, credited as a tuition payment when their child is enrolled at CDT.
  8. SCRIP is being offered to promote the education of students at CDT School; therefore, the money collected on your family number will only be paid at CDT for a tuition reduction for students in kindergarten to seventh grade. If your child(ren) no longer will attend CDT for any reason, the funds held under your family number will be credited to your outstanding tuition balance. Otherwise, they will be transferred to Christ the Divine Teacher School Grant and Aid Fund.
  9. A Tuition Credit Program Enrollment Form must be completed each school year prior to, or at the time of, the placement of your first order. The disclaimer section of the enrollment form is needed for your child to bring your certificates home.
  10. All SCRIP envelopes must be returned on order day. Any orders received after the cut off time will be held and added to the next order.
  11. For cash and carry orders, only checks or cash will be accepted.